I am big on Sunday dinner. I think it is the way that I prepare to go back into the work world on Mondays. I miss people the most on Sunday....always have....I think it is because everything is just kind of calm and lazy on Sunday. I typically spend a lot of time on the phone with my friends on this day, which is saying a lot for a girl who doesn't love to talk on the phone. I think I talked myself out in my teen years when my heart shaped phone was attached to my ear!!! And I cook....I like when I have people to cook for, but even just for myself I always try to make something yummy on Sunday! Here was today's selection....fast and easy!
Salmon with Tomato-Dill Sauce
2 salmon filets
1/3 cup mayo
1 1/2 tsp milk
1/2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
1/4 tsp fresh dill weeed
1 plum tomato, diced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place salmon in an oven proof dish and cook for 20-25 minutes uncovered.
Meanwhile, combine mayo, milk, lemon-pepper, and dill. Then stir in the tomato.
When salmon is done, serve on a plate with tomato-dill sauce on top.
Asparagus Tomato salad
1 lb fresh asparagus cut into 1 in pieces and par boiled for 3 minutes
4 medium tomatoes diced
1 green pepper diced
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsps apple cider vinegar
1 tsp dried tarragon, or 2 tbsp fresh
salt to taste
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (Texas Pete)
Place first 3 ingredients in a bowl. Mix remaining ingredients together and pour over veggies. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
No comments:
Post a Comment