I thought I would make an easy version of chicken salad to have around this week. I am trying my best to eat low carb for the next little bit, and for as much as I love a big bowl of salad...I need some protein to make it through the day. This is easy to throw in for lunch to go alongside a nice green salad. I even cheated and used a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store to make it faster.....a good hint when you don't want to fool with chicken prep!
Chicken-Horseradish Salad
3 cups chopped cooked chicken
1/2 cup minced green onions
2 celery ribs, chopped
1/2 bag almond accents (near the salad section)
2/3 cup mayo
2 to 3 tablespoons horseradish (to your preference)
juice of one lemon
zest of one lemon
salt to taste
pepper to taste
Mix mayo, horseradish, juice, zest, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Chop all other ingredients and put in a larger bowl, add almond accents. Pour dressing mix in and stir to combine. Put in the fridge to chill and allow flavors to mix....at least 2 hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment