I love chicken salad. I love little, quaint, cute lunch spots. They are a great place to find good chicken salad. I kind of dream of having a place like that and serving only 10 different kinds of chicken salad. Crazy...yes, but I said it was a dream. When I think of summer, I think of chicken salad....isn't that the typical southern thing to think! If you happened to read the last post and ran out to get some tarragon, you will be happy to know you can use it for this yummy recipe too. Last served to my OT staff in appreciation for Occupational Therapy month. If you don't know what an OT is....look it up and look up what an ADL is too! They have a hard job!
Lemon-Tarragon Chicken Salad
1/2 cup chopped pecans
3/4 cup mayo
1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
3/4 tsp salt
3 cups chopped cooked chicken ( I roast breasts with salt, pepper, olive oil in the oven prior)
2 celery stalks chopped
1/2 sweet yellow or vidalia onion diced
2 cups seedless red grapes cut in half or quarters (depends on how big they are)
Mix mayo, tarragon, lemon zest and juice, and salt all together in a small bowl. Put pecans, chicken, celery, onion, and grapes in a large bowl. Pour the dressing mix on top, mix thoroughly. Chill so the flavors can develop. Serve on lettuce leaves, or crossiants.
Also great on Great Harvest Honey Whole Wheat...my favorite bread for sandwiches! They serve pretty great chicken salad there too. If you are in LEX, check it out...or at least stop and buy some bread.
No comments:
Post a Comment