I knew Sarah a million years ago when we were sorority sisters, and by what I know now was fate disguised as sheer luck, she came back into my life when I moved back to Lexington. She is one of my pretties, I love her like she is my real sister. A group of us girls have the ritual of thursday nights, living room dance parties, and summer saturdays at the pool. This is one classic that I always make for Miss Sarah and she asked me to put it on here......
Summer Tarragon Dip
1 cup of Mayo
zest and juice from one lemon
2 tbsps fresh tarragon chopped
2 tbsps fresh parsley chopped
1 large shalllot minced
1 bunch asparagus, par boiled (3 min) then chilled in fridge
sugar snap peas
cucumbers
red bell peppers
Mix first five ingredients in a bowl. Chill for 30 minutes. Serve as a dip with the following veggies.
Tarragon is a great herb! Under utilized I feel...and sometimes hard to find, but worth it when you do. I am currently looking for a tarragon plant, so if you run across one.....let me know where! I can't seem to find one here in LEX.
No comments:
Post a Comment