Some of these posts will be out of order as I have skipped ahead of all the awesome things I made this summer to focus on all the great things I am making now. Since it is fall, I have gone into COMPLETE soup mode. I could eat it every single day I think! My friends and I have a standing date on most thursday nights that we call G3. I make dinner and we catch up on EVERYTHING under the sun! I look forward to all the time I get to spend with these girls, and love to whip up something yummy while we catch up. It seems as long as I send home leftovers to the boys that they will let us continue this tradition as long as we want into the wee hours of the morning! An oldie, but goodie that I just made.....courtesy of Rachael Ray, but I changed it up a little bit to use pre-prepped items from the freezer section.
Potato, Spinach,and Tomato Soup
3 cloves finely chopped garlic
1 bag frozen onions, thawed
2 tbsps EVOO
2 quarts of chicken broth
6 cups of frozen southern hashbrowns ( the cubed variety hashbrown)
1 pound triple washed, bagged spinach, with stems removed and chopped coarsely
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, grated or ground
1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes in puree
salt and pepper to taste
grated Parmigiano-Romano cheese
In a large pot, saute garlic and onion in the EVOO. Add broth and bring to a boil. Add potatoes and cook 20-25 minutes until the are tender and breakup to thicken the soup. Stir in spinach to wilt into the soup. Season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Add in tomatoes, heat through 2-3 minutes. Remove from stove. Serve topped with cheese.
No comments:
Post a Comment