
One of my favorite things about Kentucky is horseracing at Keeneland in the Spring and Fall. I have a tradition with my bestie Susan that at least once per meet she and her hubby Kevin make the pilgrimage up to LEX to eat, drink, and be merry! This always entails a pre-track brunch complete with Bloody Mary's! I look forward to these days with my friends and each time we make tons of new memories!! Here is a little something I served this fall meet.....
Crustless Spinach Quiche
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
5 eggs, beaten
3 cups Italian cheese blend ( I like Kraft)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degress. Grease an 8in pie plate. Heat oil in a large onion and cook, stirring occasionally until onions are soft. Stir in spinach and continue cooking until all liquid is evaporated. Take off burner and allow to cool a bit. In a large bowl, combine eggs, cheese, salt, and pepper. Add slightly cooled spinach mixture slowly to the eggs mixture. Scoop all into prepared pie plate. Bake in oven about 30 minutes until the eggs are set. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes prior to serving.
No comments:
Post a Comment