Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Summer Sandwiches

I really love going near water in the summer.....pool, lake, or beach....I will take it! I wear much higher sunscreen these days, a huge brimmed hat, and lecture about re-application , but I still love it. I also love that it is an excuse to sit around and eat!! So, one of my favorite things to make and take along are tea sandwiches and I think you might enjoy them too!

Summer Sandwiches

2 loaves white bread that have been frozen (just put it in the freezer in the bag it came in...if u are super healthy use wheat, but I swear it isn't as good)
1 english cucumber sliced very thin and place on paper towels to drain for 30 minutes
1 can crushed pineapple. drained, and allowed to sit on paper towels
1-2 tablespoons fresh dill, depending on how much you like
1 8 oz package of cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup mayo

Mix mayo and cream cheese together. Divide into two bowls.

In one bowl, add the drained pineapple and mix.

In the other bowl, add dill.

Remove bread from freezer. Cut all the crust off the bread. I usually can stack 4 pieces at once and use a good bread knife.

Then, assemble.....

Spread pineapple mix on bread to make a sandwich and cut in two ( either straight or little triangles are nice). I use one whole loaf for pineapple sandwiches.

Spread dill mix on both pieces of bread, add drained cucumbers, and put together as a sandwich. Cut the same way, half or diagonal. Use loaf number 2 for cucumber sandwiches.

These keep nicely in a tupperware container....and are so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment